Friday, December 2, 2016

Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Palette: Swatch and Review


Hey everyone! I feel like it has been forever since I've done a swatch and review for y'all, so when I received my Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Palette in the mail, I figured I'd review this for everyone. 

I follow a lot of beauty bloggers on Snapchat, so when I saw that some of them were invited to Bora Bora (hello dream vacation!!) by Tarte, I was super excited to see what new goodies would be released, and luckily this palette was one of them.


Above is the outer packaging that the palette arrived in. Nothing too fancy. Just clean and simple, which is nice. 


I'm not too sure if the packaging on the actual palette is something that I will enjoy though. It has a matte black front casing, with a gold back casing, and gold lettering. 


I can already see the smudges on the front of the palette, and I've only used it a handful of times so far. I would have much preferred something that would have been a little bit easier to clean. 


Inside the box, I also received a little insert that tells me how to do 4 different eye looks using this palette. I always like getting these, especially when I'm in a funk, and can't come up with something on my own. 

I noticed that after using this palette, that the formulation of the shadows are very similar to the formula of the shadows in the Tarte Tartelette 2 In Bloom Palette, which is another palette I love from Tarte. 


Here are both of those palettes together, for a side-by-side size comparison. The PRO palette is bigger; however, you do receive 8 more shadows in the PRO palette, versus the In Bloom palette. The pan sizes in the In Bloom palette are bigger though. 


You receive a huge mirror on the inside, which is a big plus in my book. I actually do use the mirrors that come in my palettes, so it's nice when there is a big one. 


This palette contains a total of 20 eyeshadows, with 16 matte shades and 4 duo-chrome shades. I have all of the shadows swatched below. Keep in mind that these are FINGER swatches only, and they are done with NO primer on underneath them. 


Starting at the top of the palette, the first row of matte eyeshadows are:

Classic (cream)
Innocent (soft peach)
Whimsy (brick)
Smoked (dark brown)

The color Whimsy reminded me a lot of Dogman from the Tarte Swamp Queen Palette; however, when I swatched them side-by-side (swatches of these two are below) they were definitely different. 


The second row of matte eyeshadows are:

Vintage (ivory)
Fierce (cool plum)
No Filter (purple mauve)
Vamp (deep plum)


The third row of matte eyeshadows are:

Chic (pale pink)
Profesh (taupe)
Mod (deep cherry)
Drama (maroon)


The fourth and final row of matte eyeshadows are:

Indie (greige)
Bold (light brown)
Edgy (chocolate)
Punk (black)
 

The above picture are the four duo-chrome eyeshadows in the palette.

Ethereal (bronze)
Glam (champagne)
Minx (shimmering mauve)
Trendy (prismatic teal)

After swatching the duo-chrome shades in this palette, I will say that the only true duo-chrome shade in here is Trendy. The others are mainly just shimmer shades. I also noticed that there are several dupes out there for the color Trendy, which I will have below. 


Above is Whimsy swatched next to Dogman, which can be found in the Tarte Swamp Queen Eye and Cheek Palette. After swatching them next to each other, you can definitely see a difference. Dogman has fine glitter in it, and it is also a deeper burnt orange color. I did a full swatch and review of the Swamp Queen Palette, which can be found here. It has been relaunched on the Tarte website, and retails for $45.


The above picture is Trendy swatched next to several dupes. The dupes that I have in my makeup collection include:


Other dupes for this color include:


I noticed very little fall-out with any of these shadows, and the fall-out I did notice was mainly with the darker matte shades. They all blended like a dream, and were very easy to work with. As for the shimmer/duo-chrome shades, they looked absolutely stunning when I used my finger to swatch them, and even when I applied it to my lids. However, when I tried to use a brush to apply the shimmer shades, they barely showed up!! I had to use a wet brush and really pack it on there to get any color pay-off from those 4 shades. I would simply recommend using your fingers to apply the shimmer shades.

Overall, I would have to say that this palette is a definite win for me. I have always loved the formulation of the Tartelette palettes, so I knew I would probably like this one, as well. It retails for $53 dollars, and can be found on Tarte.com, Sephora.com, and Ulta.com. I couldn't find anything saying this was limited edition, so I'm guessing it is here to stay!
If you haven't gotten your hands on this palette, this would make a great present for yourself for the holidays!

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comment section below what you thought, and what other items you would like to see me review in the future. Also be sure to subscribe to my blog, so you don't miss out on future reviews, spoilers, and unboxings!

No comments:

Post a Comment