Wednesday, December 28, 2016

December 2016 Favorites

Hey everyone! It's time for my last monthly favorites of the year, and (spoiler alert) it is quite heavy on the eyeshadow palettes this month. Also, before we get started with the favorites, I was wondering if y'all would be interested in a "Best of 2016". Basically I would create a post that details the items, in each category, that I feel were the best products of 2016. Let me know in the comments section below if this would be something that you would be interested in. Alright, well now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's get to the good stuff.




I'm not going to go into full detail with this palette, simply because I did a full swatch and review on my blog earlier this month. However, between this one and the other two palettes, I have been using it non-stop. It is very easy for me to get bored with a palette, which is why I generally switch to a new one in my collection after a week. Plus it gives me the chance to show all of my palettes love. I never got tired of this one though, and it literally pained me to have to put it away. The shadows are nicely pigmented, and I was able to do completely different eye looks every single day with it. 


It blends like a dream, and there is very little fall-out with the shadows. Here are a few swatches of the mattes in the palette, and below are swatches of the shimmer/duo-chrome shades. 


I would highly recommend getting your hands on this palette!



I have used this product for several years now, and regardless of whether I try other setting sprays out, I ALWAYS come back to this one. I recently wore it to a out-door wedding, and it helped my makeup last all afternoon and night. Plus if I ever get a little too over zealous with my powders, this helps to soften things out, and I avoid getting "cake-face".


I love the nozzle on this, because it has a nice spray that doesn't "punch" you in the face with product. If you haven't tried this before, you NEED to. I promise you won't regret purchasing this. 



Okay, so I will be the first one to admit that I am late to the game with this one. I just added this palette to my collection at the end of November. I always told myself that I didn't need it, because I already have so many colors like the ones in the palette. Well I'm glad I threw that out the window, because this thing is amazing! There is a reason why everyone loves it. 


This is another palette that I have used that I never did get tired of using it after a week, so again, it broke my heart to have to put it away. The shadows are buttery, pigmented, and blend like an absolute dream. There are endless eye looks that can be created with it, and it's a nude lovers dream!!


Here are a few shadows swatched from this palette. Don't be like me, if you haven't purchased this yet, get it. NOW.



This is actually an item that I had on my Christmas list, and my wonderful husband purchased it for me. We each opened a gift earlier in the month, because our heathen fur-babies refused to allow Christmas to happen in this house. Since the wrapping paper on this was already torn to shreds, I decided I would end it's suffering and just finish unwrapping it. Well I'm glad I did, because this stuff is AMAZING! This is another brand that I have never really tried much from, so I figured this would give me the chance to really try and sample several of their body butters, without spending too much money. 


This kit came with 5 different scents, and I've already made my way though several of them. The formula is thick and creamy, and it absorbs quickly into my skin, without making me feel like a greasy hotdog. My favorites so far have been the shea, satsuma, and coconut. I will definitely be purchasing more of the full-size body butters in the future. Plus Ulta.com has them for buy one, get one 50% off from time to time. 



Y'all may have already seen this one coming, since I did a full swatch and review of this palette earlier in the month. I raved about how amazing the shadows were, plus I had been dying to get my hands on this for nearly a year. 


I have now been using this palette for a week and half, and I'm no where near ready to put it down. As I just said, the shadows are nicely pigmented, blend like a dream, and have little fall-out. There are countless eye looks that you can do with this palette! 


This palette appears to be here to stay, so if you haven't added it to your collection yet, you need to. It's amazing, and I swear you won't regret it!



This stuff has been on my wish list for a long time now, and I finally sucked it up and spent the money on it during the Sephora VIB Rouge event in November. I'm so glad I did because it has done wonders for my skin. I have always had issues with breakouts and cystic acne, and many items in the past just never worked for me. Well this, in combination with my current skin care regimen, has really helped clear up my skin. 


My skin feels nice and soft, and I have definitely noticed a difference in my acne scarring.  This has been my saving grace, and I would HIGHLY recommend it! You can get the Good Genes by itself, or you get it in two different kits, which come with several other amazing Sunday Riley products:





This is the kit that I purchased, and I literally LOVE everything in it. It's pricey but it's the best thing I have ever found that works for my skin. 

Alright everyone, those are all of my favorites for the month of December. I hope y'all enjoyed them, and hopefully I peaked your interest in some of these amazing products. What products were you loving this month? Let me know in the comments section below, and also be sure to let me know if you would interested in a "Best of 2016"post. Also be sure to subscribe to my blog, so you don't miss out on future spoilers, unboxings, and favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment