Friday, December 23, 2016

Too-Faced Sweet Peach Palette: Swatch and Review


Hey y'all! I have been waiting for what feels like a year to sit down and do this review for y'all! I missed out on the first launch of the Sweet Peach Palette from Too-Faced, so when it relaunched earlier this month, I stayed up extra late, so I could get my order in. Well I finally got it! Thank ya Jesus! Now I can finally review this for everyone, and my poor, sweet husband can finally stop hearing me talk about this palette....maybe.

I ordered this December 1, when it had a early relaunch on the TooFaced.com website. I received it on December 7, and I couldn't open it up fast enough!


The packaging is absolutely adorable in my opinion! I love the ombre effect on the outer and inner packaging. 


The outer packaging has a matte feel to it, with gold detailing, and a cute little peach on the front. 


The palette also comes with a little insert that gives you detailed on instruction on how to achieve 3 different eye looks using this palette. I love it when palettes have these, especially on those days when I'm just not feeling that creative. The entire palette smells just like peaches, but it's not over powering. I personally love the way it smells!


Here is the Sweet Peach palette next to the chocolate bar palettes. As you can see the peach palette does not come with the 2 large shadow shades. Instead you receive a total of 18 shadows, whereas in the chocolate bar palettes, you receive 16 shadows. 


Again, here is the exterior packaging on the palette. It is so cute with the little peaches, and the ombre effect. It feels very sturdy too, which would be great for travel. 


On the inside of the palette, you get the 18 different shadow shades and a mirror. The mirror is just okay in my opinion. There are certainly better ones out there.  So now lets get to the best part of this blog post, the swatches!!!

I will be doing finger swatches AND brush swatches of every shadow in the palette. When I do the brush swatches, I will lay down a base of Urban Decay Primer Potion. I will be using a Coastal Scents Concealer Brush to apply the shadows. I will also be cleaning my brush off on my Sephora Color Switch by Vera Mona between shades. 



(First Row) Starting from the bottom to the top, the colors are as follows:

White Peach (Matte Vanilla Cream)
Luscious (Pearl Peach Champagne)
Just Peachy (Shimmering Peachy Pink)
Bless Her Heart (Golden Moss)
Tempting (Bronzed Black)
Charmed, I'm Sure (Matte Medium Cool Brown)

These swatches are finger swatches, done with NO primer on underneath.


(First Row) Starting from the right to the left, the colors are as follows:

White Peach (Matte Vanilla Cream)
Luscious (Pearl Peach Champagne)
Just Peachy (Shimmering Peachy Pink)
Bless Her Heart (Golden Moss)
Tempting (Bronzed Black)- As you can see above, there is some patchiness with this shadow when applied with a brush
Charmed, I'm Sure (Matte Medium Cool Brown)

The picture shown above is the brush swatches.


(Second Row) Starting from the bottom to the top, the colors are as follows:

Nectar (Pearly Peachy Cream)
Cobbler (Peachy Pink Bronze)
Candied Peach (Matte Coral with Violet Shimmer)
Bellini (Gilded Peach)
Peach Pit (Satin Raisin)
Delectable (Matte Smoky Amethyst)

These swatches are finger swatches, done with NO primer on underneath.


(Second Row) Starting from the right to the left, the colors are as follows:

Nectar (Pearly Peachy Cream)
Cobbler (Peachy Pink Bronze)
Candied Peach (Matte Coral with Violet Shimmer)
Bellini (Gilded Peach)
Peach Pit (Satin Raisin)
Delectable (Matte Smoky Amethyst)

The picture shown above is the brush swatches.


(Third Row) Starting from the bottom to the top, the colors shown are as follows:

Peaches-n-Cream (Matte Milky Peach)
Georgia (Matte Peachy Pink)
Caramelized (Dark Gilded Bronze)
Puree (Metallic Dark Bronze)
Summer Yum (Matte Gingerbread)
Talk Derby To Me (Shimmering Black Violet)

These swatches are finger swatches, done with NO primer on underneath.


(Third Row) Starting from the right to the left, the colors shown above are as follows:

Peaches-n-Cream (Matte Milky Peach)
Georgia (Matte Peachy Pink)
Caramelized (Dark Gilded Bronze)
Puree (Metallic Dark Bronze)
Summer Yum (Matte Gingerbread)
Talk Derby To Me (Shimmering Black Violet)

The picture shown above is the brush swatches.

There is very little fall out with any of these shades, and they all blend like a dream, including the more purple shades. The only shadow that I don't particularly care for is the Tempting shade. It is a little patchy when you apply it with a brush. I have now been using this palette for nearly a week and a half, and I am no where near ready to put it down. I would highly recommend getting your hands on this, if you can. 

It is available now on toofaced.com, sephora.com, and ulta.com. It retails for $49, and is totally worth every penny in my opinion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment