Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Play! by Sephora October 2016 Unboxing

Hello everyone! It's finally time for my Play! by Sephora unboxing for the month of October. Play! by Sephora is a $10/month beauty and makeup subscription service. They send 6 samples each month, along with a PLAY! BOOK of tips and tricks, and a PLAY! PASS for in-store learning. You can take the PLAY! PASS into any Sephora store, and use it to earn an additional 50 points with any purchases made. There is a waiting list to join; however, it does open up for everyone from time to time. Just continue to check in, and add your email address to be notified once it does! 


As I just mentioned, each box comes with a Play! pass, which you can take into stores to learn more about the products you received. If you make a purchase, and hand this card over at that time, you will receive 50 extra Sephora points added onto your total. 


When you open up the Play! book, it gives you a detailed look at all of the products that you received. I love this part of my box, because it tells you how to use each product, and even provides tips and tricks on how to make it work the best for you!


The theme for the month of October is "The Cool Cut", and it features innovative formulas and indie finds with a selection of the coolest must-have products. There were also variations of this month's box sent out to all subscribers. I received the box ending in 122.



This was my first time trying out a product from this particular brand. While it doesn't appear to have been out for very long, I have heard nothing but great things about this brand. 


This product reminds me a lot of the Real Chemistry Luminous 3-minute Peel Mask, that I have received from Birchbox before. However, this one works in under 10 seconds. I applied it directly to my dry skin, waited 10 seconds, massaged it in, and then rinsed it away. It sloughs away dead skin cells to supposedly reveal a bright, renewed complexion. I didn't notice any brightening effect on my skin; however, my skin did feel much softer after using it. There is enough in this sample to get a least 4-5 uses out of it, so hopefully I will eventually see some brightening of my dark spots. 



I love receiving hair masks in subscription boxes, because it isn't something that I would typically purchase for myself. The scent on this one is absolutely horrible. It smells like sour baby powder to me, if that could ever be a thing. Despite the horrible smell, I tried it out anyway, and I must say, I love this product. It left my hair feeling smooth, shiny, and healthy. Luckily the smell did not linger on my hair either. I will definitely consider purchasing the full size of this once my sample is gone. 



I have previously received the full-size of this product in my January Boxycharm, and I really enjoyed it! I did end up throwing out my full-size one, because it had surpassed it's expiration date. So I'm really excited to have a travel size of this mascara!


This is a "tubing" mascara, which coats your lashes with small "tubes", that are fairly easy to remove with eye make up remover. It doesn't flake throughout the day, and it really adds nice volume to my lashes!



I actually received a sample of this in a previous Sephora order that I made, and I'm currently using it as my night-time moisturizer. I was hesitant at first to try this, because I have oily skin, and using really moisturizing products like this can break me out, and make me look even oilier. I have been using this now for about 3 weeks, and I haven't had a single break-out from it. It leaves my skin looking nice and moisturized, without being overly oily. I'm very happy to have received another sample of this, since my other one is running low!



I love receiving perfume sample in my Play! by Sephora box, because I have honestly discovered some of my favorite scents that way, and I can add this one to that mix, This perfume smells absolutely amazing! It's a fruity yet floral scent, with notes of berries, pear, white musk, and peony. It's so light and sophisticated. I will definitely be adding the full-size to my Christmas list this year!



I have been wanting to try this liquid lipstick for a while now, so I'm super excited to have received a sample of it in my box this month!


It is a beautiful brownish-pink shade, with one of the best applicators ever. It reminds me a lot of the applicators on the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses. It makes it super easy to line, and apply the color to my lips, without getting it all over the place. It doesn't dry down completely, but it last forever on my lips. I went nearly 6 hours before needing to reapply!! I will definitely be purchasing other shades in this line! Swatches are below. 


Swatch of the Smashbox Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat. 

That is everything that I received in my October Play! By Sephora box. What items did you receive this month? Let me know in the comments section below, and if you haven't already subscribed to my blog, please do, so you don't miss out on future reviews and unboxings. 

The theme for the November Play! by Sephora is now available!

No comments:

Post a Comment