Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 2016 Boxycharm Unboxing

Welcome back everyone! It's time, once again, for another Boxycharm unboxing. For those that don't know, Boxycharm is a $21/month beauty subscription service that sends 5-6  FULL SIZE beauty products each month. Nearly every box has a total value of over $100 worth of product in it. They also offer a rewards program where you can earn full sized products for free. This box does lean more towards the makeup side of beauty; however, they do include skincare/haircare, as well. Keep reading below to see what I received this month. This post does contain referral links. 



This theme for this month's box is Boxy Bazaar. I get total American Horror Story vibes when I look at the design of the card that comes in the box. Anyone else? This month I received the following items:



I've never tried anything from this line before, but I have heard nothing but great things about it. This particular product contains argan, coconut, and rosehip oils, which is designed to smooth hair, enhance shine, tame frizz, and provide heat protection. I tried it out on my hair today, and it worked well! It has a nice smell to it, as well. The size of this is pretty big too, and will probably last me a long time. 

2.) Luxie Beauty Eye Blender Brush Pack -$ 36


I have received several Luxie brushes in the past, and I've loved every single one of them. They blend well, don't shed, and the pink/gold handles are gorgeous!


This bundle includes: 


I'm so happy to have received these. I'm slowly completing my Luxie brush collection thanks to subscription boxes!




This was fairly nice packaging for a little trio eyeshadow palette. The outside is nice and sturdy, with a nice size mirror on the inside.


This trio set comes with 1 matte shade and 2 shimmer shades. The matte shade is a light brown, which would be nice in the crease. There is some fall-out with this shade though. The 2 shimmer shades include a white highlighter and a beautiful metallic bronze shade. While these are nice everyday colors, we just received a beautiful full-size shadow palette in last months Boxycharm, that contained similar shades. I would have liked shadows in a different shade range this month. Swatches are below. 


I'm also not the type of person to reach for little trio eyeshadow palettes. I would much prefer something larger, that I can do several different eye looks with. 



This is a beautiful mauve shade! I've only tried a few items from Starlooks before, and I was never really impressed with any of them. However, I love this! It goes on easily, and it isn't too drying on my lips. It lasted through breakfast and lunch before reapplication was needed. I will definitely be looking into purchasing the other shades in this range!



This, unfortunately, was the one item from the sneak peeks that I absolutely did not want. I've said in multiple posts in the past that I do not like liquid bronzers, blushes, or highlights, so sadly, this product will probably go unused until I can find someone to give it to. I did test it out first though. The color is much to dark for me, even after blending it out, and it has a really orange tint to it, which I am not a fan of when it comes to bronzers. It left my skin feeling sticky, too. Congrats to anyone that received the blushes from Cargo or the Ofra highlighter, you HAVE to let me know how you like them! Swatches are below. 


Swatches of the Starlooks Matte Liguid Lipstick and the Temptu Shimmer Bronzer.

The overall value of this month's box is $127.50. That's a great value for this box! I only really like 3 out of the 5 products that I received this month What were your thoughts on it, and did you receive different items than I did? Let me know in the comments section below

Also, if you're not already subscribed, than click the link below to get started today!

No comments:

Post a Comment