Wednesday, October 12, 2016

MetalMatte Eyeshadow Palette from Kat Von D: Swatch and Review


Hey y'all! It's that time of year where every brand known to man is coming out with their holiday gift sets/ palettes. I normally don't give into the hype surrounding these limited edition holiday releases, because typically the quality isn't as good. HOWEVER, when I saw the MetalMatte Eyeshadow Palette release from Kat Von D, my will power wavered...A LOT! I wasn't going to order this at first, but boy, am I sure glad I did now!

My first thought when taking it out of the packaging was "Sweet dear Lord, this palette is HUGE!!"


There it is next to my head for reference. But if that doesn't do it for you, here is a picture of it next to the Too-Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.


I immediately thought this would be a pain in the neck to try and store, but after opening it up, I figured it could sit out on my vanity for ever and always, just so I could stare at it everyday. 

The outside packaging is pretty amazing too! Kat Von D actually did all of the art work for this palette!! The palette has a anagram on the front of it. When you hold it one way, it says Metal.


And when you flip the other way, it says Matte.


Pretty cool if I do say so myself!


On the inside, there is a huge mirror that spans the entirety of the palette, which is fantastic! Who doesn't love a nice, big mirror?!  This palette has a total of 22 shades, with 9 metallic shimmer shades, and 13 matte shades. 
The picture above shows all of the metallic, shimmer shades seen on the first row. These are finger swatches, done with ZERO primer underneath. I did notice, primarily with Nebula and Watt, that there was a little bit of staining left behind after I removed the swatches. They are smooth and buttery, with little to no fall-out. 

*Nebula-Metallic Navy
*Watt-Metallic Teal
*Ignite-Metallic Sea Foam
*Tinsel-Metallic Pewter
*Glitz-Metallic Rose Gold
*Twinkle-Metallic Lilac
*Volt-Metallic Violet
*Synergy-Metallic Bronze
*Flash-Metallic Gold


The swatches shown above are the first 4 matte shades on the bottom row. These, again, are finger swatches, done with absolutely no primer on underneath. Again, I had no complaints about these 4 particular shades. 

*Linen-Matte White
*Jet-Matte Black
*Velour-Matte Royal Blue
*Stone-Matte Cement Gray


These are the next 4 shades on the matte row. I did notice that Ribbon, the Matte purple shade, was a little patchy, and I had to build it up just the tiniest little bit. I also noticed that Fringe had a little bit more fall-out compared to the other shadows in the palette. 

*Moss-Matte Forest Green
*Ribbon-Matte Deep Purple
*Silk-Matte Terra Cotta
*Fringe-Matte Peach


These are the last 5 shades on the bottom matte row. Oak was also a little bit patchy, when I first applied it, and Suede had a small amount of fall-out with it, as well. 

*Feather-Matte Dandelion Yellow
*Oak-Matte Chocolate Brown
*Suede-Matte Fawn
*Bone-Matte Cream
*Velvet-Matte Deep Plum

Overall, I'm so happy that I purchased this palette! It is absolutely stunning, pigmented, and perfect! You can achieve any and every look with this. It is a holiday limited edition item, so if you're thinking about purchasing it, do it...soon! It retails for $60, which is a tad expensive, but when you look at how many shadows you get, and the blendablity and pigmentation of each, it's so worth it. If you only get one palette this season, get this! You won't regret it.

Thanks for reading everyone! Let me know in the comments section below if there are any other recent launches you would like me to review.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the review.Enough so,it has interested me in purchasing something wonderful for once in my life. Let the experiments begin. thanks Katie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad! Thank you so much for the positive feedback, and I truly hope you enjoy this palette!

      Delete