Thursday, October 13, 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario: Swatch and Review


Hey y'all! I'm back today with another swatch and review of the recently launched Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario. As I said in my review of the MetalMatte Palette, I don't typically give into the hype surrounding holiday releases, because the formulation is not the same. However, I am a HUGE fan of anything ABH, so when I saw that this palette was coming out, I knew I would have to get it. 

Upon first glance online, I didn't know if I would actually like this palette, because the shades are all very similar. However, after watching several Youtube videos, and seeing everyone address this issue by stating that they were, in fact, different, I decided to purchase this. 

This palette retails for $45, and can be found on the Sephora and Ulta websites. It appears to already be sold out on the ABH website.

If you want to know MY thoughts on the shades, shadows, and everything else, then just keep on reading below. 


The outside packaging is this sleek black, matte with gold detailing. Very simple, yet sophisticated. 


The inside of the palette is set up in the typical ABH design, with a mirror on one side, and the 12 eyeshadows on the other, with a dual-ended brush.  As I just mentioned, this palette contains a total of 12 shades, with 2 metallics, 3 mattes, and 7 satin/shimmer shades.


Now let's get into some swatches!


The swatches above are the first row in the palette. They are finger swatches, with ZERO primer on underneath them. 

*Hollywood- Metallic wheat gold with satin finish
*NYC- Rich chocolate brown with satin finish
*Kim- Ultimate tan with satin finish
*Muse- Rose gold with satin finish
*Marina- Champagne with metallic finish
*Claudia- Slate with velvet finish


The above swatches are the second row in the palette. They are, once again, finger swatches with ZERO primer on underneath. 

*Lula- Soft taupe with ultra-matte finish
*Isabel- Burnt orange with ultra-matte finish (MY FAVORITE!!)
*Violeta- Dark chocolate with ultra-matte finish
*5th Ave- Gold leaf with metallic finish
*Bronx- Metallic olive with satin finish
*Paris- Gilded brown with satin finish

First off, this is a very nice, jewel-toned palette. The colors blend very well and are quite pigmented. I did notice, however, that the formulation seemed a little bit softer than the other ABH palettes. This means that there was A LOT of crumbling and fall-out associated with the shadows. 

As for the shade range, the shadows are different from one another; however, I definitely prefer a little bit more variation in my palettes. The shadows are very closely related to one another. Also, I didn't like how there wasn't a matte cream color. I love setting my concealer/primer with a shadow before blending any other colors on my lid. I will have to go into another palette, or grab my translucent setting powder in order to do that. 

Overall, do I think this palette is worth the $45 price tag?? It's pretty but I would have to say no. I have many other palettes that I love way more. 

Let me know in the comment section below what your thoughts are on this palette, and what future reviews you would like to see!

Update (11/27/2016): I placed this palette in my rotation to use this month, and I actually ended up falling in love with it. The colors, while they are all very similar, are in fact different in their own way. I would HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on this if you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment