Monday, June 6, 2016

May Ipsy Vs. Birchbox

I have been on a bit of a hiatus lately, because there has been a lot going on in my life, but I'm back now y'all. I almost didn't post this, but I'm quite OCD, so I figured I would throw it up anyways. You guessed it. It's time for May's Birchbox vs. Ipsy. Better late than never, I always say. Keep reading below to find out what I received last month.  This post contains referral links.


I absolutely loved my Birchbox for the month of May! I ended up receiving:



When I first opened this up and swatched it on my hand, I thought the color was a bit dark to be considered "light"; however, when I put it on my face, it worked wonders. It concealed my dark circles perfectly, without settling into my fine lines. It also covered any blemishes without being noticeable. I really enjoy this concealer, and I will definitely pick up the full size once my sample runs out. 



Everyone received a SPF in their Birchbox last month, and this was the one that I received. First off, the sample size was really tiny, so I literally couldn't even it use it one good time on my entire body. It did smell quite pleasant though, nothing like normal SPF containing products. I wish the sample size was bigger, so I could have had a better idea of how it worked.



I love Amika products, so I was super excited to receive this in my box. It smells great and leaves such great texture in my hair. It holds my curls well, and gives them that beautiful tousled look everyone loves. I will definitely pick up the full size when this runs out. 



I have been eyeing these lip cremes for a while now, so when I saw that I was getting one to sample in my Birchbox, I was ecstatic. I love the way it feels on the lips, and it lasts for hours without having to reapply. The color is gorgeous too!  


I will definitely be picking up several other shades.



This was the item that I selected as my sample choice, and I was so pleased with it. The sample size was huge! I have already used it 3 separate times, and there is still tons of product left over. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin, without looking orange. This is definitely a must for summer!

Alright everyone, on to Ipsy now. Was everyone else as excited as I was about that adorable bag?!?! Here is what I received in my Ipsy for the month of May.


I was able to cash in some of my points to get some additional products this month. I love reward points!



At first I wasn't sure if this was a full size product, because the pan was really small. Especially considering it is a bronze/blush duo. The size makes it really hard to get my brushes in there, so I have mainly been using this as eye shadows.


The colors are quite pretty.



I can honestly say that I don't own a color like this, but I LOVE it! It goes on beautifully. It was opaque with just one coat, and it lasted for nearly a week with no chipping. 



This mascara did a really good job of lengthening my lashes; however, it didn't do anything to make them thicker in appearance. I much prefer a mascara that does both. 



I really enjoy this lip balm. It smells nice, and it leaves my lips feeling nice and moisturized. I use it before bedtime, and when I wake up, my lips feel so soft. 



I actually really enjoyed this. It removed my makeup very well, and it didn't irritate my eyes, like other cleanser can do. However, I would not say it removes it any better than the Garnier Micellar Water does. Plus the Garnier one is so much cheaper. 

Alright y'all, so who do you think won for the month of May? I personally have to give it to Birchbox this month. I loved 4/5 of those products, and I definitely found some new ones that I will be purchasing the full size of. What did y'all receive last month? Let me know in the comments section below. And if you're not already subscribed, just click on the links below to get started now!


https://www.birchbox.com/invite/katiebb





No comments:

Post a Comment