Monday, June 6, 2016

May 2016 Boxycharm Unboxing

Alrighty y'all. Once again, I know I'm posting this late, but better late than never. I was super excited about May's Boxycharm, because I knew I would be receiving a Makeup Geek Blush! I love Makeup Geek products, so this box was already worth it for me. For those that don't know, Boxycharm is a $21/month beauty subscription service that sends 5-6  FULL SIZE beauty products each month. Nearly every box has a total value of over $100 worth of product in it. They also offer a rewards program where you can earn full sized products for free. This box does lean more towards the makeup side of beauty; however, they do include skincare/haircare, as well. Keep reading below to see what I received this month. This post does contain referral links. 





This was the item that I was most excited about receiving last month. It is so pigmented and creamy to touch. It is also a perfect spring/summer color! I will definitely be purchasing other colors!


XOXO swatched.



I received so many compliments on this perfume when I wore it. My father-in-law is actually planning on purchasing the full size for my mother-in-law for her birthday!  Because I am horrible at describing perfumes, here is what the website says about it "Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence opens with fruity nuances of pear and black currant. At the heart, jasmine, rose and violet blossoms bloom on a gourmand base of vanilla, patchouli and tonka bean."



This is definitely a color that I wouldn't have picked for myself; however, I ended up loving it. It really makes my hazel eyes pop! The liquid eyeliner is better than the pencil eyeliner in my opinion, and it lasts much longer. 


Here it is swatched.



First off, the packaging on this nail polish is adorable, and the color is gorgeous. I did not, however, like the formulation of this. It took several coats to be opaque, and even then it didn't look that great on my nails. 


3 coats later, here ya go!



I actually really like the color, but the formulation of this product is a bit dry. It is definitely long wearing though, and it matches a ton of lip products that I already own.


Here is Charmed swatched.



I really, really like this product. The first time I used it, I wore it over one my eyebrow pencils, and actually went swimming later that day. It didn't move the color around, and it kept the brow color on my brows where it belonged. At the end of the day, it came off easily with a makeup wipe. I would definitely recommend this!!!

The overall value of this month's box is $106!!!  While there were a few items that didn't "wow" me, there were several that did! What about y'all?!? Let me know in the comments section below. If you haven't subscribed yet, it's not too late to do so! Click the link below to get started today!



No comments:

Post a Comment