Sunday, June 12, 2016

June Birchbox Vs. Ipsy

It's finally that time of the month where I compare both my Birchbox, and my Ipsy subscriptions to see which one is the best. Both subscription services are only $10/month, and they both send out 5-6 sample or deluxe sized samples each month. Both offer reward points for reviewing the items that you receive, which in turn you can use to cash in on some pretty amazing product.  This post contains referral links.


The theme for Birchbox this month was "Everyday Magic". All subscribers could either choose the curated box, or they could choose one of three shades of the Benefit Gimme Brow. I, of course, picked the Gimme Brow, so that is where we will start :)



I've been using Benefit Gimme Brow now for several years, and I have always loved how it makes my eyebrows look. So of course when I saw that they were offering that as the sample choice this month, I was all over it! I decided to go with the new shade, and it matches my brows perfectly! Plus the new packaging is absolutely amazing!!



I am all about using products that will help prevent acne break-outs, and help diminish the ones that I do have. I have been using this, along with a acne spot treatment for the past 2 weeks, and I have definitely noticed a decrease in the number of breakouts that I am having. If this continues to work for me, then I will definitely be purchasing the full size!



Y'all! There is a reason why this product is talked about by so many, and loved by nearly everyone that uses it. It zaps excess oil, and gives a nice texture to my hair. Plus it smells absolutely amazing! By far the best texture/dry shampoo spray I have ever used!



Please do not get this product confused with a BB or a CC Cream, because it is definitely not that. It offers absolutely zero coverage, and while it claims to be matte, my oily spots were still quite shiny, even after applying this. I will use this simply because of the SPF factor, but once it's gone, I will NOT be repurchasing. 



Can I just point out that this is a FULL SIZE PRODUCT!!!!  It retails for $14.95, which is already more than I paid for my Birchbox. I received the shade Raisin the Roof, and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is very moisturizing, and the packaging is so adorable!! 


Here is the smoothie stick swatched! It is a gorgeous color!


Before I start telling y'all what I received in my Ipsy bag this month, let me start off by saying that this is literally one of the best bags ever!!  This month I got:



When I saw that we would possibly be getting Urban Decay shadows in this month's Ipsy bag, I was super excited! I was praying I got the color Lounge, and I did!!  It is a gorgeous red brick color with a green shift duo-chrome. Like all Urban Decay eye shadows, it is crazy pigmented and creamy! I'm so in love with this!




I actually already own this product, but I was nearing the end of it, and knew I would have to repurchase soon, but now I don't!! I absolutely love the Colourpop Creme Gel Eyeliners! They are so nice and creamy, and they go on so gently! They last all day on the water line, and they look gorgeous when you tight line with them, as well!



I had never heard of this brand before, so I was super excited to receive it in my bag this month. The blush is highly pigmented, and it is such a pretty shade. I definitely plan on wearing this all summer long!




This product claims to not only cover up imperfections, but also heals any "boo-boo's" you may have on your skin. It did really well as a under-eye concealer; however, it did NOT cover up my acne scars on my face. I definitely prefer a concealer that does both. Also, the color is a bit too yellow for my liking, as I have pink under tones in my skin. 



I have used these masks in the past, and they actually work quite well. I really love sheet masks in general, and they are literally the most perfect thing when all you want to do is stay home and have a spa day. They retail for $5 a piece. 

The over all value of my Ipsy bag this month is worth $56!!!

For the month of June, I have to say the overall winner is Ipsy. I received so many great products that I know and love! Birchbox was definitely close this month though. 

What all did you receive in your Birchbox/Ipsy this month? Let me know in the comments section below. And if you are not currently subscribed to either of these services, get on it y'all!


https://www.birchbox.com/invite/katiebb







No comments:

Post a Comment