Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 2016 Favorites


Hey y'all. It's time for another beauty favorites for the month of August. It's really hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that summer is nearly over already. However, fall is quite possibly my most favorite season of all time, so bring it on! I'm ready for cool nights, fall makeup, college football, and bonfires! What about y'all? Let me know what season you love the best and why!

Well enough with the rambling, let's get into the beauty items that I have been loving this month!!



I have been using this concealer for years, but it just hit me that this is the only one that I continue to come back to over and over again. It is, in my opinion, one of the best drugstore concealers that you can buy. It doesn't make me look like I have cake face, and it conceals my dark circles perfectly. If you haven't tried this before, I would definitely recommend it!



I lumped these two together this month, because they are both from the Kat Von D line, and I have been using both like crazy. I had heard nothing but great things about the tattoo liner from KVD's line, so when I saw that Sephora was offering it as a point perk, I quickly snatched it up. I do a liquid winged liner most days, and I have found that this is the pen I keep reaching for the most. It makes doing a winged liner so easy. The formula is a nice, rich black color, and it's not too runny either. I love this stuff. 

Because I have oily skin and wear glasses, I will typically go in and bake my concealer in my under eye area, just to keep things in place longer. This is one of the few setting powders that I have found that doesn't accentuate my fine lines, and it also doesn't give my face a white-cast after using it. For me, it is comparable to the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, which is another one of my favorites. 


 

I received this about two weeks ago from Amazon, and I have literally been using it everyday since! It is absolutely gorgeous, and highly pigmented. It comes with one cream highlight and three powder highlights. Because Sleek is a British cosmetics brand, it is a little bit harder to get here in the states; however, Amazon does sell a few of their products online. After converting the price in pounds to dollars, and subtracting the cost of shipping from England to America, the price I paid for this on Amazon was so much cheaper. There are two other highlighter palettes sold by Sleek Cosmetics, and I plan on trying to get my hands on the rest of them. If you can, I would get this! It is comparable to the ABH Glow Kits in my opinion, and much cheaper in price. 



I have been using this palette for half the month of August. For the other half, I have been using the next favorite that I plan on mentioning. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, and are all shades that I am attracted to when looking for a palette. The shades are so blendable and beautiful. There is a little bit of fall-out, especially with the darker shades, but that is something I can look past. For more information about this palette, I did write a full swatch and review on it in a earlier post, which I will post here. Below are a few swatches from the palette. 







By now, I'm sure everyone has heard about the "Jaclyn Hill palette", and the wonder that is the 35O palette. They are one in the same, and this palette is absolutely stunning! I receive so many compliments on my look whenever I wear these eye shadows. The colors are highly pigmented and blendable. It comes with a mix of mattes, shimmers, and metallic shades. If you are a lover of warm, orange eye shadow shades, then this palette is a MUST HAVE for your collection! Morphe also offers a full shimmer and full matte set of the 35O palette on their website. It is currently in stock, so once you get finished reading this post, head on over to their website, and snatch this beauty up before it sells out again. 



Morphe has some of the best brushes on the market, and they are such a good price for the quality. I use the three brushes above to really help blow-out my crease, and really get everything nice and blended. I use them all everyday, and it really does wonders for my eye shadow game. So while you are on their website shopping for the 35O palette, I would definitely recommend picking up these three brushes. 

Alright everyone, that is all of my favorites for the month of August. What have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments section below, because I love trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment