Friday, November 25, 2016

Play! By Sephora November 2016 Unboxing

Hello everyone! It's finally time for my Play! by Sephora unboxing for the month of November. Play! by Sephora is a $10/month beauty and makeup subscription service. They send 6 samples each month, along with a PLAY! BOOK of tips and tricks, and a PLAY! PASS for in-store learning. You can take the PLAY! PASS into any Sephora store, and use it to earn an additional 50 points with any purchases made. There is a waiting list to join; however, it does open up for everyone from time to time. Just continue to check in, and add your email address to be notified once it does!


As I just mentioned, each box comes with a Play! pass, which you can take into stores to learn more about the products you received. If you make a purchase, and hand this card over at that time, you will receive 50 extra Sephora points added onto your total. 


When you open up the Play! book, it gives you a detailed look at all of the products that you received. I love this part of my box, because it tells you how to use each product, and even provides tips and tricks on how to make it work the best for you!


Also, each month, you will receive all of your goodies in a cute little bag!


Each month, there will be a variation in the items that subscribers receive. This month I received the box ending in 314.



I have used the ThirstyMud cleanser in the past; however, I have never used the actual mask. This smells just like the cleanser, which is a delicious coconut scent. This supposedly will give your skin a nice boost of moisture when it's needed most. With the winter months upon us, my skin has definitely gotten more dry, so I cannot wait to use this!



I have actually almost used this up since receiving it. I love that it is so light weight, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling or looking too oily. It absorbs quickly, and I haven't noticed any break-outs since using it. My only complaint is that my tube was half empty when I received it. I will definitely consider purchasing the full size once my sample runs out. 



I have never tried these eyeshadow pencils from Laura Mercier before; however, I have heard great things about them, so I was excited to receive one in my box this month. It is a creamy formula, that goes on easily, and lasts all day on the lid. It is perfect for those days when you want to throw on a quick makeup look, and get out the door. 


Here it is swatched.



I'm normally a little hesitant about using illuminating primers or foundations on my skin, because they can end up making me look like a huge grease ball by the end of the day. Luckily this one didn't do that. It more so made my skin look nice and moisturized versus leaving my skin looking shimmery. It was also a fairly generous size, so it should last me quite a while. 


Even though the primer comes out with a slight tint to it, it doesn't come off on my skin that way after rubbing it in. 



Play! does a fantastic job of sending fragrances out that I actually enjoy. I think there has only been one month where I wasn't impressed with the fragrance selection. I really like this perfume. It has a nice powdery vanilla scent to it. It's not too powdery to the point where it smells like baby powder, and it's not too sweet smelling either. It's a perfect mix. 



When I first saw this color, I thought I was going to hate it, because I'm not usually a huge fan of bright pink lip colors, but this one surprised me. It has a pink sheen to it, but it's not too over-powering on the lips. It actually looks like my normal lip color, but just glossy. It's not too sticky of a formula either. 


Here is the lip gel swatched. 

That is everything that I received in my November Play! By Sephora box. What items did you receive this month? Let me know in the comments section below, and if you haven't already subscribed to my blog, please do, so you don't miss out on future reviews and unboxings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment