Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 2016 Ipsy Unbagging

Hello everyone! It's finally that time of the month where I share what I received in my Ipsy glam bag. Ipsy is a $10/month subscription service, that sends out 5 different beauty items per month. It is generally more makeup items; however, they also throw in some skin care and hair care items, as well. Each month subscribers will receive their items in a cute little makeup bag.  You can review the items you receive for points, which you can then redeem for items on their website. Continue reading below to find out what I received this month. This post contains referral links.




I am not the biggest fan of cream makeup. It seems like every time I use any type of stick, cream product it ALWAYS removes my foundation. This is a really pretty color, but when I tried it on my face, it did what all other stick, cream products do. I wish this worked for me, but it just doesn't. Swatches are below.





Up until about 2 months ago, I had never heard of dry conditioner, and I was very curious about it. I'm glad I received this in my Ipsy bag, not only because I love EVA NYC products, but also because I've been wanting to try a dry conditioner for a while. It really does works great in conjunction with a dry shampoo. I can go several days now without washing my hair, and no one is the wiser. I'm not sure if I will repurchase this particular one, because I would like to try out other dry conditioners to see which one works the best for me. 



This cream claims to soften skin and promote cellular regeneration. I was intrigued until I actually opened it up. I cannot stand the smell of it, and it doesn't seem to moisturize my skin that well. This was a definite miss for me. 



This is the one thing I was hoping to receive when the very first sneak peek was released. I didn't experience a bad tingling sensation with this product like a lot of other people claim they have. I tried it over some red lipstick I was wearing that particular day, and it did make my lips look plumper. It has a very pleasant scent, as well. I'm so happy I received this, and will definitely buy the full size once my sample runs out. 



In the bottle, this comes off as a really pretty pinkish, purple color, but once it's on the nails, it turns into a nice red. This nail polish was opaque with just one coat; however, it did chip the very next day. Overall, I would say that it is worth it though, because I like the formula and the color is gorgeous!



The total overall value for my bag this month is $44.50. That's such a great deal considering I only paid $10 for the whole thing. 

Alright everyone, that is everything that I received in my Ipsy bag for the month of September. What did y'all receive? Let me know in the comments below. Also, if you aren't currently signed up but thinking about it, click the link below to get started today. 


https://www.ipsy.com/new?refer=vhsxq


No comments:

Post a Comment