Saturday, September 17, 2016

Play! By Sephora September Unboxing

Hello everyone! It's finally time for my Play! by Sephora unboxing for the month of September. Play! by Sephora is a $10/month beauty and makeup subscription service. They send 6 samples each month, along with a PLAY! BOOK of tips and tricks, and a PLAY! PASS for in-store learning. You can take the PLAY! PASS into any Sephora store, and use it to earn an additional 50 points with any purchases made. There is a waiting list to join; however, it does open up for everyone from time to time. Just continue to check in, and add your email address to be notified once it does! 


The theme this month is "The Unbasic Basics". Continue reading below to find out what I received this month.



I have used this liner in the past, and actually just featured it in my August beauty favorites (check it out here). I love this liner, because it makes doing a winged liner so simple. It's a nice, rich black, and it lasts all day long without fading. I'm happy to have received a back up! Swatches are below.



I've used some of the Sephora Collection items in the past, but I had never tried their shine lipsticks before. At first glance, this is a color that I wouldn't normally reach for. I prefer more mauve, berry, or nude shades. This is more of a barbie pink color. It also took quite a bit to build it up to the opacity that I like. It is very shiny and moisturizing though. I may order some of these in different shades to try them out more. Swatches are below. 


Above are swatches of the Kat Von D liner, and the Sephora lipstick. 



I have been wanting to try this for a while now, and I'm so happy to have received a sample in my Play! box this month. I've heard great things about this brow gel, and after trying it out for myself, I can see why everyone loves it. It holds my brow hairs in place all day, and it doesn't move around any product that I have on underneath it. It does have a strong smell to it, but it does fade after a few minutes. 



This is another product that I have tried in the past. I received it in a Voxbox from Influenster which I reviewed here. I never noticed a difference in my skin after using it the first time; however, it didn't break me out like a lot of other moisturizers can do. I may actually pass this along to someone else, since I've tried it before and didn't love it. 



I am really looking forward to using this product. The fact that it claims to give you a full five days of softness and shine, even when washing your hair, intrigues me. You apply it at night on damp or dry hair, and just wash your hair the next morning. It claims to be fast-absorbing, and safe for color-treated hair, too. Sounds pretty amazing to me. If you have used this before, let me know in the comments section below what you thought about it. 



I actually really like this perfume! It has top notes of bitter orange, pomelo, and blackcurrant. Middle notes of magnolia, bulgarian rose, and saffron. Base notes of cedarwood, sandalwood, and musk. I love perfumes with a citrus scent, and this one definitely does it for me. I just wish this sample would have come with a spray applicator. I hate it when perfume samples don't have that. 

That's everything that I received in my September Play! by Sephora box. Did we receive the same things? If so, how did you like the items this month? Let me know in the comments section below.




No comments:

Post a Comment