Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lorac Mega PRO 3 Palette Swatch and Review


 Hey ya'll! I recently received the Lorac Mega PRO 3 Palette in the mail, and after posting about it online, numerous people asked for a swatch/review of it. So of course, I HAD to provide. When I saw that Lorac was coming out with this, I literally stalked the Ulta.com website until it was available. Luckily it was made available to platinum rewards members a few days before it officially launches. This product will be available on the Ulta website to all buyers on October 2, and after reading this, if you think you may want it, I would suggest getting it. These palettes ALWAYS sell out. Anyways, enough with all this rambling, let's get to the good stuff!


When I opened up the box, this was what I was presented with. I personally love the white packaging with rose gold detailing. It's classy and sophisticated! 


Upon opening up the palette, you'll note that there is a large mirror, with 32 matte/shimmer shadows. Keeping with the traditional layout of the other Lorac Mega PRO palettes, the Mega PRO 3 has two top areas of matte shades and two bottom areas of shimmer/metallic shades. I love eye shadow shades like the ones in this palette! You can achieve SO many different looks with it!

When I was doing swatches from this palette, I decided to do regular finger swatches, and then do swatches on top of a eye shadow primer. So let's get down to the nitty gritty, and see what this palette has to offer, shall we?


From bottom to top, the colors shown are:

Pink Cream (matte), Tan (matte), Pecan (matte), Walnut (matte), Dusty Mauve (matte), Violet Gray (matte), Eggplant (matte), Dark Navy (matte). These swatches are done with the Smashbox 24 Hours Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer underneath. 


The picture shown above are the same shadows from the previous picture, but WITHOUT a eyeshadow primer underneath. 


From bottom to top the colors shown are:

Crépe (matte), Toffee (matte), Mist (matte), Vintage (matte), Hickory (matte), Maple (matte), Bark (matte), Jet Black (matte). Again, these swatches are done with the Smashbox primer underneath. 


The picture shown above are the same shadows from the previous picture, but WITHOUT a primer underneath. 

After swatching all of the matte shades, I did notice that they tended to "kick-up" the most fall-out, because they are so soft and buttery. I'm not usually the type of person that cares too much about that. I will simply do my eye makeup first, before doing the rest of my face. 

Now let's swatch the bottom two rows, which are all shimmers!


From bottom to top, the colors shown are:

Snow (shimmer), Cava (shimmer), Cider (shimmer), Bellini (shimmer), Brown Sugar (shimmer), Sequoia (shimmer), Glacier (shimmer), Deep Fog (shimmer). Again, these swatches are done with the Smashbox primer underneath.


The shadows shown above are the same from the previous picture, but WITHOUT a primer underneath.


From bottom to top, the colors shown are:

Tulle (shimmer), Pink Bronze (shimmer), Rust (shimmer), Rose Quartz (shimmer), Olive (shimmer), Dark Roast (shimmer), Pomegranate (shimmer), Licorice (shimmer). These swatches are shown with the Smashbox primer underneath. 


The colors shown above are the same from the previous picture, WITHOUT a shadow primer underneath. 

After swatching and playing with this palette, I've decided that I LOVE it just as I love the Mega PRO 2 palette. The Lorac shadows are some of the best ones out there right now, in my opinion. I did notice, especially with the top two matte rows, the shadows do have some fall-out. However, this is something that I can personally look past, since the colors are so pigmented, and easy to blend. There is still some fall-out with the shimmer shades, as well; however, I didn't feel as though it was as much, as with the matte shades. 

You will definitely want to use some sort of eyeshadow primer underneath these, as the color pay off will be even better; however, this is the case with just about every single eyeshadow out there. 


As I previously mentioned, these palettes sell out rather quickly every time they drop, so if the above swatches speak to you like they do me, I would hop on that makeup train, and snatch this beauty up. The official release date, once again, is October 2 on the Ulta.com website, and it will be available for $59.

I mentioned the Lorac Mega PRO 2 in my March favorites earlier this year, which can be found here. I, unfortunately, do not own the Lorac Mega PRO 1, so I am unable to provide any insight into how it is compared to the other two palettes. 


Alright everyone, that is it for this swatch and review. Let me know what you think in the comments section below. Also, let me know if there are any other palettes/beauty items that you would like to see featured here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment