Saturday, April 16, 2016

April Birchbox Vs. Ipsy

It's finally that time of the month where I compare both my Birchbox, and my Ipsy subscriptions to see which one is the best. Both subscription services are only $10/month, and they both send out 5-6 sample or deluxe sized samples each month. Both offer reward points for reviewing the items that you receive, which in turn you can use to cash in on some pretty amazing products.  This post contains referral links.


So when I did my sneak preview of my Ipsy bag online, I was super excited about some of the items that I would be receiving. This month, I received the following items.



Y'all know I love receiving brushes in these subscription boxes, and this is no different. It works perfectly to blend out my shadows in the outer corner of my eye. I love it! This is, of course, a full-size product, and it retails for $6.99.


 

I was so excited to receive this, because I have been wanting to try Nudestix for quite some time. I love this color, and it's a full size product, so that makes it even better!! It retails for $24.


 

When sneak peeks for Ipsy started to pop up for this month, I was praying that I would get this in my bag, and thankfully I did. The color is absolutely gorgeous, and the texture is so creamy.  I will definitely be purchasing this in the full size. This is roughly $6.62 for the deluxe size sample. 



I am a huge fan of sheet masks, because they are so quick and easy to put on. I'm really excited about receiving two of them in my Ipsy bag, because it gives me the chance to try it twice, and see if it actually works for me. I can't wait for a night in, so I can try these out! This sample is worth roughly $16.



This moisturizer claims that it will soothe my sensitive skin and also protect against free radicals that cause early aging. Sounds like a winner to me. I've just started using it, so I will update at a later time about what my thoughts are, but it seems like it will be a great!  This is worth roughly $0.90.

The overall value of my Ipsy bag is $54.51!! That's pretty amazing for a $10 subscription bag!


This month for Birchbox, I decided to go with their curated box, because it just looked too darn good to pass up. The curated box included the following items.



I have never tried the TOCCA brand hand creams before; however, I have tried some of their perfumes, and I love the scent range of this brand. I have also never tried this particular scent before. While the hand cream itself is VERY moisturizing, I don't care for this scent. I was hoping that it would lean more towards the green apple scent side versus the pink tulip, but it doesn't. I will use this sample up, and may even repurchase; however, I will repurchase in a different scent next time. This sample is worth roughly $5.



I love the concept of Micellar water, and I have tried several other ones in the past, so I was super excited when I saw this was being offered in this month's box. While it does work well, I still have to wash my face after using it (It claims that you don't have to). Also, it appears to work just as well as the Garnier Micellar Water, but it's almost 3X the price!!  My advice? Get the Garnier, and you'll be just as happy. This sample is worth roughly $1.20.



I thought this product was going to be really "gimicky" when I received, but I tried it out, and I actually really like it. It really did seem to plump up the areas where I put it, and it helped smooth out my fine lines. The formulation is very thick, so a little bit goes a long way. I was unable to find the price for this sample size. 




Ya'll! The PARLOR line is truly amazing, and this particular product from them is no different. I have A LOT of hair, and that tends to weigh it down, so I like to use products that will give my roots some lift. This stuff works like a charm, plus it smells SOOO good! This sample is worth roughly $6.10


 

I saved the best for last, because this stuff is AMAZING!! When I decided on the curated box, I was hoping that I would receive this in the Pink Grapefruit shade, and I did!!!  It kind of reminds me of NARS blush in Orgasm. It's beautiful and it has a small shimmery side to it! A perfect spring blush. Plus the packaging for this sample size was actually really great. It included a little mirror, so you can check out that awesome blush color whenever you want :) I was unable to find the cost of this sample. 

With the cost of the 3 samples that I could find the prices of, this box is already worth more than the $10 I paid for it!

For the month of April, I have to give it to Birchbox!! I love everything that I received in this box, even if I can find cheaper dupes of some of the samples. Everything works great! Ipsy was very close this month, but I haven't tried everything I received yet. 

What did you receive this month?? Let me know in the comment section below. Also, if you haven't signed up for either of these subscription services yet, I have to know why!?!?

Click below to get started today.


https://www.birchbox.com/invite/katiebb




No comments:

Post a Comment