Thursday, February 18, 2016

February Boxycharm Unboxing

Oh how I love unboxings, and I love sharing them with everyone just as much. This is just my second time receiving Boxycharm, and while it seems the majority of people weren't too excited about this month's box, I honestly liked nearly everything that I received. For those that don't know, Boxycharm is a $21/month beauty subscription service that sends 5-6  FULL SIZE beauty products each month. Nearly every box has a total value of over $100 worth of product in it. They also offer a rewards program where you can earn full sized products for free. This box does lean more towards the makeup side of beauty; however, they do include skincare/haircare, as well. Keep reading below to see what I received this month. This post does contain referral links. 




This month, all subscribers received: 

Beauty for Real Blush + Glo Blush and Highlighter Duo: ($24)  I really like this product. I'm usually not one to like cream makeup products, but these apply very easily, and blend like a dream. I received mine in the color Coral Crush + Hi Beam. The colors work great for my skin tone. Right out of the gate, the first product is already valued at more than the cost of the box :)

Spongelle You Have My Heart On A String All-In-One Buffer + Polish: ($15)  I was really excited to try this product, because it isn't something that you would normally see in a subscription box. The scent is wonderful, and the website says that it will last for up to 14+ uses. Because I like a really rich lather when I shower, I do add a small drop of my shower gel to it, and it works perfectly!!

Ofra Cosmetics Banana Powder Godet: ($12)  I am a huge fan of banana powders, and I will typically use them to set my under eye area after applying concealer. I had never tried this particular banana powder before, but it works great! The packaging that is being sent to subscribers is very lackluster though. It will only work well if you have a Z palette to place it in. Looks like it's time for me to do a little bit of shopping :)

Boxycharm Limited Edition- Mrs. Amazing Gift Kit Moisturizing Mask: ($12)  This is probably the one product that I am not excited about. The packaging says that is it suitable for dry, sensitive skin. I have acne prone, oily skin, so I feel like this will break me out. I haven't tried it, and I'm very hesitant to do so. Has anyone with oily skin tried this product? If so, how did it work for you? Please let me know in the comment section below.

Realtree for Her Travel Size Perfume: ($12.99)  I am one of those rare people that actually enjoy getting perfumes in my subscription boxes. It gives me the chance to try out different scents that I may not have thought to try out myself. This particular perfume has hints of pomegranate, persimmon and orchid. It is a sweet, yet floral scent which I do like. Is it my favorite scent? No, but it is definitely something that I will use until it is all gone.

Freeze 24-7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum: ($58)  I am always down to try new eye serums and creams. I guess I'm just trying to find my Holy Grail product, which I haven't been able to do so far. I've only been using this particular product for a few days now, so I can't say if it has done anything to help out my dark under eye circles or fine lines yet. I do feel like it has helped a little with the puffiness under my eyes though, so already I can say that I like it. 

The overall value for this month's Boxycharm is $133.99. I only paid $21 for it. I would say that it is a steal; however, like I said before, a lot of people seemed to dislike this month's box. To me, subscription box services are something that gives you the opportunity to try things that you would normally not think to buy. This box did it for me. I would never purchase any of these products on my own, but I'm very glad to have received them in my Boxycharm. If you are like me, and want to try new things, click the link below to sign up for Boxycharm today!!  Plus there is still time to receive this months box!




No comments:

Post a Comment