Friday, January 20, 2017

January 2017 Boxycharm Unboxing

Welcome back everyone! It's time, once again, for another Boxycharm unboxing. For those that don't know, Boxycharm is a $21/month beauty subscription service that sends 5-6  FULL SIZE beauty products each month. Nearly every box has a total value of over $100 worth of product in it. They also offer a rewards program where you can earn full sized products for free. This box does lean more towards the makeup side of beauty; however, they do include skincare/haircare, as well. Keep reading below to see what I received this month. This post does contain referral links. 


Each month, your box comes with a little card that details all of the items that you received, and lists the full retail value of each item.


1.) Gorge Konjac Sponge -$18 (Variable item)


I have never used a konjac sponge before, but I have heard great things about them. I have only used it twice so far, so I haven't really noticed a difference in my skin; however, it is soft and seems to do a nice job of exfoliating. I will definitely continue to use it.

2.) So Susan Fan Brush -$18.95 (Variable item)


This is the first product from So Susan that I have ever received. It seems to be a good quality fan brush; however, it is a little to thin for my liking when it comes to applying highlight to the tops of the cheeks. It does do a good job of applying highlight down the bridge of the nose though. 

3.) English Laundry Purse Sprayer -$25 (Variable item)


I'm one of those weird people that actually enjoys receiving perfumes in my subscription boxes, because it gives me the chance to try out new scents that I wouldn't otherwise purchase on my own. On the card that comes in the box, it states that this item is a roller ball; however, it turned out to be a sprayer, which I like a lot more!


I'm not very good at describing scents, but I will just say that this wasn't one of my favorite ones. One, I didn't like the scent to begin with, and two it faded pretty quickly (thankfully). I will be passing this along to someone else.

4.) Pur Mineral Glow Bronzer -$25 (Variable item)


I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that I received this in my box instead of the stick blush from this brand. I love bronzers, and this one is so good!


It has a nice bronze color, that isn't too orange and it has a nice buildable color, as well. It also feels nice and soft in the pan. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Swatches are below.

5.) Vintage Highlighter Set -$35 (in all boxes)


I adore the packaging of the Vintage products. It is a sleek, matte white packaging, with gold detailing. It came with two gorgeous highlights, and a nice sized mirror!


The pinky shade is called Rose Quartz and the darker champagne shade is called Chocolate Diamond. The quality of these highlights is definitely better than the previous Vintage highlight Boxycharm subscribers received. It gives a nice subtle glow to the cheeks, and is easily buildable for a more intense glow. Swatches are below. 


Above are swatches of the bronzer and the two highlights. 

That is everything that I received in my Boxycharm this month. The overall value of this month's box was $121.95. How did you like the box this month, and did you receive something different? Let me know in the comments section below! Also be sure to subscribe to my blog, so you don't miss out on future spoilers and unboxings!

No comments:

Post a Comment